Sunday, July 15, 2012

A little bit about myself....

One of my many jobs is with Vector marketing, which includes selling Cutco knives, in order to pay for my trip to Italy. At the beginning of every presentation, I always have to say..

"let me tell you a little bit about myself..."

...in order to establish and build rapport with customers so they feel comfortable in buying knives.

So here's what I usually say: "hi, my name is Joel, and I have served on the Merrimack School District School Board for the past school year. I will be attending New York University in the fall, studying abroad in Florence, Italy because they didn't have enough room for me in New York."

So in addition to that... I am also an Eagle Scout and I work in sales at Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Stores in Merrimack, NH.

So why am I blogging? Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure that my parents, friends, and family would love to keep some sort of tab on me while I'm thousands of miles away from home. Secondly, I love to tell stories and I love to be extremely dramatic. So, you may find several dramatic hyperboles and exaggerations throughout my posts.

So, the stories of my upcoming adventure will start in mid-August and I will be leaving on a jet plane on August 26th. There also may be some pictures and videos to accompany these posts.

Until then,

Joel C. Yates
NYU 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment