Thursday, August 30, 2012

"First-Day-of-School" Blues

Buona sera Americani (edited by my roomate Henry because I can't type in Italian),

Well, for all you Merrimack-ians and other people starting school today. I also started school today. I only had three classes:

CULTURE FOUNDATIONS - a glorified version of Art History and Literature. I decided that I would like my professor very much when he pulled out his masks and started dancing around the room.   I was happy to learn that he is fascinated by the performing arts. He's putting on a play in Villa Pietra this spring. Going to be in it.

WRITING I - literally the EASIEST writing class on the face of this planet. One major paper for this entire semester and three free writing exercises. Thats it. All reading material is to be covered in class unless we "wanted to be overachievers and do it ourselves"... and my professor is British. :D

ITALIAN - well. if I could understand my professor, I would totally tell you how Italian class was. Ciao?

Today's Advice: Even if the going gets tough, like Italian, keep trying and trying and eventually, you're grammar will correct itself and you'll be fine :)

Coming Soon! A tour of Villa La Pietra! Voiced by me!

Also Coming Soon: Recipes from the Florentines!

Off to eat dinner,

Joel C. Yates


2 comments:

  1. Joel, was "you're grammar will correct itself" something you wrote on purpose? Or was that just an ironic accident?

    ReplyDelete